Back in May 2020 while resisting Animal Crossing’s suggestions that I should decorate my house with the furniture that you could buy or craft in the game, it occurred to me that I could, instead, turn it into an art gallery. And that’s what you have here. There are large, island-spanning recreations of works by Christo and Jeanne-Claude along with two houses turned galleries.
Big Moon is included in The National Videogame Museum (NVM) online exhibition: The Animal Crossing Diaries.
If you have Animal Crossing and a Nintendo Online membership, you can visit Big Moon via dream address DA-0414-5851-1428.
- East Gallery
- Both galleries look identical; inspired by the gray bungalows in the neighborhood surrounding the Menil Collection.
- Main Room
- West Room
- Piet Mondrian: Composition II in Red, Blue, and Yellow, Composition with Yellow, Blue and Red, New York City I, Composition with Large Red Plane, Yellow, Black, Grey and Blue
- North Room
- Cindy Sherman: Untitled Film Stills #10, #24, #14, #3, #21, #6 (Video about this series), Untitled #153, Untitled #123, Untitled #96, Untitled #92
- East Room
- Frida Kahlo: Self-Portrait Dedicated to Dr. Leo Eloesser, Self Portrait as a Tehuana, The Two Fridas, Self Portrait with Monkeys
- René Magritte: The Son of Man, The Treachery of Images, The Lovers II, The False Mirror
- Giorgio de Chirico: The Enigma of a Day, The Song of Love
- Man Ray: The Kiss, Glass tears, Untitled (plate 4) from the album Champs Délicieux, Ingres’ Violin, A l’heure de l’observatoire – Les amoureux
- Fritz Lang: stills from Metropolis
- Robert Wiene: stills from The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
- Luis Buñuel and Salvador Dalí: stills from Un Chien Andalou (watch it on YouTube)
- F. W. Murnau: stills from Nosferatu